I'm alive and well and clearly have a pretty string constitution!!! The MurrAlfie scale has been shelved at the moment and is growing dust by the day.
I went out for a meal by myself and to do a little exploring tonight. I don't have a key for the guesthouse so between the Caretakers passable English and my non existent Hindi I think the arrangement was that I should stay out until 10. although it may have been something else.
Anyway off I set and walked up to what appeared to be one of the main streets. Now Lucknow is huge the population could be larger than Scotland by quite a margin so I wasn't going to make much of a dent on it. I walked for about an hour and a half dodged some cars, bikes and the usual traffic. I then needed to cross the road. This was not going to be easy as it was non stop and going pretty fast.
After what seemed a while I was beginning to think I was stuck until a cow came to my rescue. Now I don't know if it was watching my plight but it literally walked up beside me and then started to cross the road. I crossed beside it safe as no one will hit a cow in India. At the other side of the road we went our separate ways. So if you are ever planning a trip to India pack a cow suit in your bag or bring an inflatable one for emergency road crossing help.
I went to a different restaurant for dinner. When I sat down I noticed that I had missed a call from Diljo. I think everyone was worried that I would get lost. No problems there though as I had committed every turn so to memory.
I ordered my meal, and the waiter tried to talk me out of it as it was going to be too spicy for me. Bring it on!!! I think they tamed it down for me though as it was really quite mild. Unless I've turned into a curry monster.
In the Lucknow hospital I have noticed the the general food is much spicier than what I have been getting in Madurai. I am eating in the doctors and nurses canteen so it is standard Indian food which is good to see. It is all very good but I've reversed back to using a spoon as its taking too long to eat with my fingers.
While I was out walking I went into the Sony shop to see how the prices compared to the UK. They ended up pretty much the same for flat screen tv's.
I got back to the guest house pretty tired as I had as long a walk back as I had taken out.
Its now Tuesday and I have lots of work to do before Thursday for out big presentation.
So I worked on the spread sheet for a while to make sure all the numbers add up.
Did I mention that I have got two pigeons living inside the AC unit in the window? What a racket.!!
TTFN.
Thursday, 29 January 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hiya Paul
ReplyDeleteHope things are going weel over there in sunnier climates.
Let's catch up on your return :-)
Hello Paul,
ReplyDeleteJust to let you know I am avidly reading your Blog and writing down tips like err take a cow suit...as my trip is getting ever closer. Hope everything goes OK for the presentation and Keep writing,
Cheers,
Kerry Cawse