Well I'm off to India now,
well actually I'm not I'm sitting in a plane on the runway at Glasgow airport and have been doing so for nearly three and a half hours and I'm beginning to think that I may miss my connection. Off to a flier then, Sheesh.
Most of you may know that I'm going but some of you may not so here are some details, I'm going with an organization called adopt a business, you can check out their web site at http://www.adopt-a-business.com/. Essentially they run a service to allow companies and people to contribute socially to the developing world whilst being developed for their own organisations so a big thanks to IBM for letting me go for four weeks.
I'm going to be helping an Indian organisation called Aravind Eye Hospital: www.aravind.org they are a charitable organisation that specialises in eye surgery in India and they perform literally hundreds of thousands of operations each year. Their goal is to reach one million operations a year.
So I'll be helping them do surgery for a while :-) well probably not I'm going over there to help them look at how they organise teams and manage conflict and challenges within a team environment. The idea being that they can learn from developed western based organisations.
So I'll be there for four weeks trying to make a difference and trying to learn and develop new skills. I'm also going to be eating curry for four weeks straight as well so there will be some interesting challenges for me there. I've got half a suitcase full of medicine to make me stop, make me go, and all points in between.
I'm not going to send out too many mass emails as I've set up a blog to capture all my thoughts, I'm going to add this email to it. Along with any adventures and thoughts that I have along the way.
If you want to get hold of me to see how I'm getting on then please use one of the following options. I won't be monitoring my IBM email address while I'm away so please use one of the options below.
email: paul_in_india@hotmail.co.uk
skype: paul.skype.murray
blog: http://paulstimeinindia.blogspot.com/
and we are just about to set off... The engines have started. Finally.
Sunday, 11 January 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Have fun Paul - will be following your blog with interest, and NOT sending questions on RQM.
ReplyDelete