Friday, 23 January 2009

Jan 23rd: All set for Lucknow

Work wise I spent the whole day getting everything ready for our workshops that we are going to be running in Lucknow and making sure the travel is going to be ok.

I'm doing an overnight train tomorrow from Madurai to Chennai, then catching a flight to Delhi then another flight to Luknow so its about 21 hours traveling within the one country.

Did you know that there is a time zone between north and south India? Yes north and south. Its five minutes, so I presume somewhere we will pass over the five minute barrier. Unless of course my good colleagues over here are having a competition to see what they can get me to believe.

I will be in Lucknow for five days before traveling back. On the way back I am getting to stay in Agra for a couple of nights which will be amazing as I'll get to visit the Taj Mahal and the Agra fort so expect lots of photos from there.

It will be a lot cooler in the north about 8 or 9 degrees bringing it down to a frigid 24 or 25. Diljo asked if I had brough any winter clothes with me. I think I'll be ok with what I have. I'll still be roasting.

The train ride promises to be an adventure so that will be interesting. I'm trying to figure out what I need in my pockets and stuff to be ok throughout the night.

I won't have internet access as easy up there so I may go quite for a day or two as I travel and get to an internet cafe or something.

Talk to you all later.

1 comment:

  1. Enjoy your trip. I missed looking at the blog the last day or so, just doing a catchup this evening. RSDC presentation reviews - trying to make sure places other than North America get speaking slots :-). Your trek sounds fascinating. The train journey sounds quite something. Not quite the Aberdeen sleeper I bet!

    ReplyDelete